Terms and Conditions
By registering for the Big Sleep Out 2021 you agree to the Terms and Conditions below:
- By registering for The Big Sleep Out you agree to the terms and conditions for yourself and for anyone you are registering for on their behalf.
- If registering as a team or family, you understand that by doing so you are agreeing to the terms and conditions on behalf of all members of that team or family.
- Only participants that have registered through Eventbrite may take part in the Big Sleep Out.
- The registration fee contributes to the overall delivery of the event and is therefore non-refundable.
- Any participants under the age of 18 will need to be accompanied by a legal guardian / appropriate adult who will take full responsibility for them during the event.
- A parental consent form must be completed prior to taking part in the event. Unfortunately, failure to complete and submit the form may result in being unable to take part in the event.
- In advance - download the form from our website add details and return it to email@example.com
- On the day – download the form, fill it out and bring it to the registration tent point when you arrive.
- All registered participants must be in good health and have no known conditions that could affect their ability to safely sleep out and take responsibility to monitor their health during the event to avoid a risk to themselves or others. If in any doubt, please seek medical advice.
Safety and security
- All participants take part in the event at their own risk. Stonepillow and its partners / sponsors cannot be held liable for any injury, accident, loss, damage, or public liability caused or sustained before, during, or after the event, as a result of their participation, unless caused by the negligence of Stonepillow.
- It is advised to take out personal insurance to cover for any damage to personal property or material loss to any third party.
- Reasonable care and attention must be taken at all times to ensure the safety and security of fellow participants.
- Alcohol and drugs are not permitted at the event, and any participant believed to be under the influence will be respectfully requested to leave.
- Smoking is not permitted within any areas of the Cathedral grounds.
- Animals or pets are not permitted within the Cathedral grounds, with the exception of guide dogs.
- Due to the nature of the event, we strongly advise all participants to wear appropriate attire and have adequate kit for sleeping outdoors. Please visit our website for hints and tips on staying warm and dry.
- Please be respectful of the local residents and fellow participants by keeping noise to a minimum.
- As you leave the event, please respect the Cathedral by ensuring you take all personal belongings and rubbish away with you.
- In the event of an emergency please follow all instructions given by the Stonepillow team.
Publicity and marketing
- By taking part in the Big Sleep Out, you agree for all photography / video footage taken during the event to be used by Stonepillow to promote the work of Stonepillow in perpetuity for any future publicity, marketing, or fundraising purposes. Please inform the Events Team when you register at the event if you do not wish to be photographed or videoed.
- By sending images of any participants to Stonepillow, you agree they may be used to promote the work of Stonepillow in perpetuity as above.
Cancellation or event changes
- Stonepillow reserves the right to cancel, alter timings, and reschedule the logistics of the event through circumstances beyond our control. Participants will be notified via email should this situation arise.
- All participants must adhere to the current Covid government rules relating to social distancing and infection control measures at all times throughout the event.
I understand that I may be committing a criminal offence if I do not give all the sponsorship money raised to Stonepillow and will ensure my sponsorship is received before Monday 1st November 2021. Sponsorship money must be via JustGiving, or a cheque (payable to Stonepillow with your name and address on the back). Please note that we cannot accept cash through the post; this must be delivered by hand to our Central Office, 39 Southgate, Chichester PO19 1DP.
Any personal information shared with Stonepillow for the purposes of the Big Sleep Out will only be used for the purpose of the event and will not be disclosed to any other third party without your prior permission or unless we are required to do so by law. Your data is stored securely and will be kept for no longer than is necessary.