Our work would be impossible without the generosity of our dedicated and skilled volunteers, in terms of both the time they give and their commitment to helping others. At Stonepillow every volunteer is valued and provided with guidance and training.
Reasons to Volunteer
Everyone has their own reasons for wanting to volunteer, but if you’re wondering why you might want to give some of your time and become part of the Stonepillow team, then read on.
- A chance to work in a friendly team, to make new friends, socialise and meet a diverse group of people
- An exciting time to become part of a growing local charity
- The opportunity to make an invaluable contribution to our work in supporting homeless people
- The time to develop your confidence and interpersonal skills
- The chance to gain valuable transferable skills and work experience
- A way to boost your CV – employers may look at what you do with your extra time
- A way to give something back to your local community
- The chance to help others less fortunate than you, and make a difference to their lives
In our bid to end homelessness, we require volunteers at all levels of our organisation, delivering different kinds of support to our staff and clients.
We are always interested to find out if there are people out there who have a particular skill set which can help us to improve the way we work, add additional value, or help us solve a problem.
Some of the roles that our amazing volunteers can get involved in include:
- Volunteering in our Charity Shops – we are always looking for sales assistants, people to sort through donations, van drivers to collect and deliver furniture and many more roles.
- Volunteer at our Events – we have a busy and exciting events calendar throughout the year, and are always grateful for volunteers who are able to represent us at our events, helping us with preparation and supporting us to make our events extra special, whether it's bucket collections, our annual Big Sleep Out, or grilling sausages at our regular sizzles at Homebase! Take a look at some of the upcoming events you could get involved in here.
- Volunteer in our Head Office – our busy head office is the place to come if you’d like to support us on the operational side of things. Get involved in our PR and events team, or support the Admin and HR teams in the day-to-day running of Stonepillow.
- Volunteer in our Hubs and Hostels – our aim is to support our clients towards living independently, equipping them with the skills they need to get there. We are looking for volunteers who are able to run sessions or training for clients that may help them on their journey. This could be anything from maths and English skills, cookery, DIY, domestic skills, health and wellbeing, sports, social skills, career guidance – the possibilities are endless.
We are interested in hearing how you think we may be able to work together. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you can help us.
Become a Volunteer
If you think you would like to become a volunteer for Stonepillow, please download our Application Form. Completed application forms can be sent to email@example.com or posted to Stonepillow Head Office, 1 East Pallant, Chichester, PO19 1TY.
We will require two character reference details to be supplied. By submitting your application form, you’re giving us permission to contact the references you have supplied.
Stonepillow is compliant with General Data Protection Regulations. Any personal information such as name, postal address, telephone number, emergency contact details and email address given in your application will only be used to keep in touch with you about volunteering opportunities with Stonepillow. It will be stored securely, and will not be disclosed to any other third party without your prior permission or unless we are required to do so by law.
What happens next?
Once we have received your form and taken up references, we'll be in touch for an informal chat about current opportunities and how you would like to get involved. If you're working in our projects, you'll meet the manager for a short induction, and then get started! Some roles may require a DBS check, and we will discuss this with you during our first meeting.
You’ll receive a volunteer handbook, and be included on regular emails about opportunities to help out in all sorts of ways.
We look forward to welcoming our new volunteers on board, and are very grateful for your support and time. We could not run our services without you.