We continually benefit greatly from food donations generated by our supporters, local businesses, and partner organisations. The food items we need vary week to week depending on donations and the needs of our clients. Every day, the team, supported by our wonderful volunteers' plan, prepare, pack and cook to provide 3 meals a day for a variety of different needs:
- Our Day Centres provide hot and cold food for the rough sleepers, to eat in or take away.
- Bognor and Chichester Hostels need a larder stocked with enough food for up to 20 people.
- Emergency food parcels are packed and delivered out to the vulnerably housed.
- We fill the fridge and cupboards with an essential starter pack for when clients moving into their forever home.
Donate funds for food
If you wish to donate funds so that we can purchase food on your behalf, please visit our JustGiving page by clicking here
Please deliver all donations to our DONATIONS HUB on Terminus Road, Chichester. This is where all donations get sorted and then delivered around our services from there:
Unit 3, Plot 27 Terminus Road
Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 8UE.
- If you would like to make a donation direct to the hubs or hostels for something they specifically need, such as cheese or meat, please call them to see what they need and deliver straight to them.
- if you have food surplus for immediate use, please deliver direct to our hostels.
- Chichester Hostel: Stonepillow Chichester Hostel, St Joseph's, Hunston Road, Chichester PO20 1NP - 01243 213414. Open 24/7.
- Bognor Hostel: 15 Ellasdale Road, Bognor Regis, PO21 2SG - 01243 214058. Open 24/7.
Cereals to look forward to
We all know what cereals are best for us, but we also love the naughty but nice varieties and this is the same for the Stonepillow clients.
Quick and easy lunches
Snack pots make an ideal lunch as they are quick, nutritious and packed with carbohydrates which keep you fuller for longer.
Can't cook, would love to cook
Not everyone is a Jamie Oliver in the kitchen, and so being able to create a balanced meal without having to gather too many ingredients is a big help.
Sweets & treats
We all love them and have them hidden in a cupboard somewhere.
Five a day
We always make sure our clients get their 'five a day' so fresh fruit and vegetables are always welcome (and balance out the sweet treats!)