Sleep Out Big Success!
Information for Participants collecting Sponsorship:
- Please click here to download a Sponsorship Form if don’t yet have one. Please encourage your donors to tick and sign the Gift Aid box!
- Please bring your sponsorship money to St Joseph’s Night Shelter by November 15th where possible.
- All cheques should be made payable to “Stonepillow”.
- Cheques and sponsorship forms can be posted to: Emma Kierans, St Joseph’s Night Shelter, Hunston Road, Chichester PO20 1NP. Please don’t put cash in the post!
This year’s Big Sleep Out was a great success...
...with over 100 participants ranging in ages from 6 to 76. We were blessed with the weather, as Saturday’s morning showers cleared away in time for the start of the Shelter Competition. Some highly creative and sturdy structures were put together using just cardboard and parcel tape!
We are grateful to the High Sheriff of West Sussex for joining us at the event to judge the Competition and award prizes during the special thanksgiving service at the Cathedral. The service, which took place in the evening at 7.15pm, was lead by the Dean, while the Bishop of Chichester also gave a blessing. It was a lovely opportunity to bring our thoughts back to the real focus of the event, and take a moment to think of those in need who have to sleep rough for much longer than just one night.
As the evening progressed the skies cleared and a full moon shone brightly on what was an unseasonably mild evening in the beautiful grounds of the Cathedral. Participants enjoyed a BBQ and an evening sing-a-long before settling down to sleep in their shelters. While the rain stayed away for the whole night, the wind did cause a bit of havoc with some of the tarpaulin roofs and “front doors”.
Those who were a little slow to pack up and clear away their shelters in the morning did get caught out in what was a ferocious downpour with hail, thunder and gusting winds at 7.30am.
While the final money count is still taking place and participants will be collecting their sponsorship money over the next couple of weeks, we feel confident that our £10,000 target will be reached. These funds will play a vital role in maintaining and maximising the services and support we provide to our clients across all of our Projects during the year ahead.
The Big Sleep Out is Stonepillow’s largest annual fundraising and PR event and we hope that it will continue to grow and bring the community together for what is always a fun event with a serious message.
For next year we hope to experience the same weather conditions, attract even more participants and business support, and raise even more funds and awareness for our worthy cause.
Stonepillow would like to thank everyone involved in making this year’s Big Sleep Out such a wonderful event. See you all next year!
We would like to express our gratitude to the following individuals and organisations for giving up their time and money to support this event and the work of Stonepillow:
- Bishop of Chichester
- High Sheriff of West Sussex
- Dean of Chichester Cathedral
- Chichester Cathedral and Staff
- Shelagh Legrave and Chichester College
- Laura Cartledge and the Chichester Clandestine Cake Club
- Bubsie Yates, Julie Fogden and the Chi Community Choir
- Bob Randall and the 1st Arundel (Earl of Arundel’s own) Scout Group
- Arundel Rotary Club
- Chichester Observer
- Spirit Fm
- Heart Fm
- BBC Sussex
- Wave 105 Fm
- Splash Fm
- Annika Rowland and Raring 2 Go
- Nature’s Way Food Ltd
- Kate’s Cakes
- Troels Bendix and The Hungry Guest
- Aida Stephens and Whipped and Baked
- Andy’s Fish Bar
- LA Fish
- Tim Farrow and Xuis Software
- Pure Employment Law
- Brad Ainsworth and St. James’s Place Wealth Management
- Fishbourne Roman Palace
- Gilbert and Cleveland Estate Agents
- Martin Curry and Henry Adams Estate Agents
- Charles-Hill-Hubbard Solicitors