ASURA stands for A Service User Recovery Assistant and is a peer-led part of Stonepillow's abstinence-based recovery service, based on Recovery principles. As a provider of accommodation based and community Recovery Services, Stonepillow recognises the expertise and importance of working alongside current and past clients.
These clients form the ASURA Recovery Champions. Recovery is contagious and there is no better expert than people in recovery, and no better advert than those who have succeeded in their recovery.
- Workshops and Drop In’s for Rough Sleepers to seek help and support in managing their substance misuse issues
- Structured group work in abstinence based services
- 1:2:1 support and mentoring for clients in abstinence based recovery, both in the community and in service
- Co-facilitating community training
- Co authoring policies and procedures and reviewing strategy
ASURA's current contracts include:
- Training the Police in Littlehampton on Substance Misuse Awareness.
- Training and Supervising Community Wardens for Chichester District Council.
- Delivering Alcohol Awareness Talks to Schools in the Chichester area for Chichester District Council. Over 700 young people were engaged in the first year of this project. The ASURA team are now mid-way through their second year.